We are always looking for experienced rapid prototyping technicians and CNC engineers to work with us at our Royston-based prototyping bureau.
Our company is a successful family-owned business based in Royston, close to Cambridge, supplying prototypes and short production runs to customers across the UK. Substantial investments have been made over the last few years in all the departments.
CNC Machine Operator Setter (shift work)
We are looking for a CNC Machine Operator Setter (shift work) to join the CNC team, currently four, to enable faster turnaround times for client’s orders. The successful applicant will set up and run programs under the guidance of the CNC Manager:
- Experience setting and operating CNC Mills
- Ability to work to short time scales and effectively self-time manage.
- You will be expected to operate two machines ensuring maximum production is achieved during the day and unmanned night runs.
- Be willing to commit to overtime when available or required.
- Have a can-do attitude towards challenges, with the desire to continuously work closely with colleagues and management in developing newer methods of engineering to increase efficiency/quality and health safety.
- Have a good work ethic towards assisting with tasks that may not fully meet your job description but that you are either skilled or trained to do.
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team and contribute to problems solving situations helping to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Hourly rate: £13 – £14 p/hour
- 40 hours per week (shift work – early/late on a rotational basis)
- The successful applicant will work a shift pattern after initial probation period
- 21 days paid leave + Bank Holidays
Want to work with us?
If you are interested in developing your career with a highly successful and growing prototyping company, please send your CV with a short covering letter to us via our Contact page.
No agencies please.
Ready to start your next prototype project?
Prototype Projects is a UK-based prototyping bureau delivering high-quality prototype parts in fast turnaround times.
We offer a next day dispatch service for SLA, SLS, FDM, Polyjet and Figure 4 3D printed parts. Use our My 3D AM service for online SLS and SLA 3D printing instant quoting and ordering for additive manufacturing. We also offer CNC machining and milling, Vacuum Casting and laser cutting services.
Contact us on 01763 249760 to discuss your next prototype project.