What is Figure 4?
Figure 4 is a 3D-printing technology which is ideal for functional prototyping and very low volume production. It delivers an ultra-high print speed along with quality and accuracy meaning we can print your prototypes quickly while maintaining quality and accuracy.
The technology is most suited to small prototype parts:
|Build Area||124.8 x 70.2 x 196 mm|
|XY Pixel Pitch (Resolution)||65 microns|
|Layer Thickness||10 – 100 microns (material dependent)
|Light Wavelength||405 nm|
When to use Figure 4 technology
It is ideal for:
- Functional prototyping and concept models
- Investment casting jewellery patterns
- End-use durable plastic parts
- Jigs and fixtures
- Moulds and master patterns
Figure 4 texturing
Figure 4 delivers high quality surface quality at 65 microns. It is possible to texture the surface of these parts in much the same way as the surface of SLS and SLA parts can be textured. This makes it a very versatile solution.
Talk to us about your surface texturing needs.
There are four materials available for Figure 4 prototype parts:
The ELAST-BLK 10 material is black. Key applications include:
- Functional assemblies and prototypes
- Automotive styling parts
- Consumer goods and electronic components
- Snap fit assemblies
- Containers and enclosures
- Product design
- Master patterns for RTV/silicone moulding
- Replacement of short-run cast urethane production parts
- Concept and marketing models
- Suited for indoor production applications
- Shore hardness: ~60A
- Elongation: ~80% elongation
- Tear strength: ~5-10kN/m
- Rapid shape recovery after deformation
- Look and feel of moulded polypropylene
This material has a high build speed. It is rigid and grey in colour. Properties include:
- Flex Modulus: ~2200MPa
- Elongation at break: ~20%
- Impact strength: ~30 J/m
This is a durable and rigid material which is grey. Properties include:
- Notched impact strength: ~30 J/m
- Flex Modulus: ~2300MPa
- Elongation at break: ~20%
- HDT: 60oC
This material is green and is ideal for jewellery as it is castable. It offers clean and easy burnout with gypsum investments and has amazing surface quality for high quality metal parts.
Benefits of Figure 4
Figure 4 is ideal for low volume production. Benefits include:
- Fast printing times (see dispatch below)
- Elimination of tooling
- Range of materials
Download our Figure 4 datasheets:
Next working day dispatch
Because the Figure 4 prints very quickly, we are able to offer next working day dispatch if the order is placed by 5.00pm. Depending on the part, we can sometimes deliver same day dispatch for Figure 4 parts.
Our other dispatch options are:
- Standard: within 3 working days
- Economy: within 5 working days
- Super-Economy: within 10 working days
Can we help bring your project to life?
Prototype Projects is a UK-based prototyping bureau delivering high quality prototype parts in fast turnaround times. Our next working day dispatch service is available for SLA, SLS, FDM and PolyJet parts. We also offer a dyeing service for SLS prototype parts. Contact us on 01763 249760 to discuss your next prototype project.